Akira Expanded Font is a popular typeface designed by Dutch graphic designer, graphic artist, and type designer, David Kerkhoff. It was released in 2017 and is part of the larger Akira font family, which includes regular, bold, italic, and condensed variations.
The inspiration for the Akira font family comes from the 1988 Japanese cyberpunk anime film, Akira. Kerkhoff was particularly drawn to the futuristic and stylized typography used in the film’s promotional materials and decided to create a typeface that captured its essence.
The Font is a bold and distinctive display font that features sleek, sharp lines and geometric shapes. It is particularly well-suited for use in titles, headlines, and other large display text where impact and legibility are important.
Since its release, the Font has become a popular choice for designers and creatives looking for a unique and futuristic typeface that stands out from the crowd.
Akira Expanded Font Information
|Name||Akira Expanded Font|
|Foundry||Hanoded Font Foundry|
|File Format||OpenType (OTF), TrueType (TTF)|
|License||Commercial, Desktop, Web, App, E-Pub|
Akira Expanded Font is a bold and distinctive display font that is well-suited for a range of design applications. Some of the most common uses for this font include:
- Posters and Flyers: The bold and futuristic style of Font makes it a great choice for designing eye-catching posters and flyers that stand out.
- Logos and Branding: The unique and memorable design of Font makes it a popular choice for logo design and branding applications.
- Packaging Design: This font’s bold and impactful nature is ideal for use in packaging design, where it can help products stand out on store shelves. Akira Expanded Font makes it an excellent choice for editorial design applications, such as magazine covers or book titles.
- Web Design: The clean, modern design of Font makes it an excellent choice for web design applications, where it can add impact and legibility to headlines and other large display text.
- Invitations and Greeting Cards: The unique and eye-catching design of Font makes it a popular choice for designing invitations and greeting cards for special occasions.
Akira Expanded Font is a modern and bold display font that has several distinct features and characteristics. Some of its key features include:
- Geometric Design: The font features a clean, geometric design with sharp angles and precise lines. This gives the font a modern and futuristic feel, which aligns with the inspiration drawn from the Akira film.
- Bold and Stylized: The font is bold and stylized, with an expanded width that makes it ideal for use in headlines, titles, and other large display text. The font also features a condensed version for tighter spaces, making it versatile.
- Unique Letterforms: The font features individual letterforms that add character and distinction to the font. The letterforms have subtle curves that add elegance and interest to the overall design.
- Legibility: Despite its bold and stylized design, Font is still highly legible. The font’s clean lines and carefully crafted letterforms make it easy to read even at smaller sizes.
- Calligraphic Style: The design of the Font is heavily influenced by calligraphy, with some of the letters featuring decorative flourishes that resemble brushstrokes. This adds an organic and human touch to an otherwise geometric design.
Akira Expanded Font is a unique display font that stands out from many other similar fonts in a number of ways. Some of its strengths and unique qualities include:
- Unique Letterforms: The font features individual and stylized letterforms that set it apart from other display fonts. Its combination of clean, geometric lines and subtle calligraphic flourishes make it a one-of-a-kind modern and elegant font.
- Bold and Impactful: The expanded width of the Font gives it a bold and impactful look that makes it perfect for use in headlines, titles, and other large display text. This sets it apart from different display fonts that may be more delicate or intricate.
- Legibility: Despite its bold and stylized design, Font remains highly legible in a range of sizes. This makes it a versatile font that can be used in a variety of design applications, from posters and packaging to logos and branding.
- Futuristic Feel: The inspiration for Akira Expanded Font comes from the 1988 Japanese cyberpunk anime film, Akira. This gives the font a unique and futuristic feel that sets it apart from other display fonts that may draw inspiration from more traditional sources.
- Variations: Akira Expanded Font is part of a larger font family that includes regular, bold, italic, and condensed variations. This gives designers a range of options to choose from, making it easy to find the perfect variation of the font for their specific design needs.
Akira Expanded Font Family
The Akira Expanded Font family includes a total of 12 typefaces, which are:
- Akira Expanded Regular
- Akira Expanded Bold
- Akira Expanded Italic
- Akira Expanded Bold Italic
- Akira Expanded Condensed Regular
- Akira Expanded Condensed Bold
- Akira Expanded Condensed Italic
- Akira Expanded Condensed Bold Italic
- Akira Expanded Extra Condensed Regular
- Akira Expanded Extra Condensed Bold
- Akira Expanded Extra Condensed Italic
- Akira Expanded Extra Condensed Bold Italic
These typefaces offer a range of options for designers, from the regular weight for more subtle use to the bold and extra-condensed weights for more impactful headlines and display text. The italic and bold italic variations also offer options for adding emphasis and variation to text. The range of condensed variations further expands the versatility of the font family, making it a great choice for a range of design applications.
Akira Expanded Outline Font
Akira Expanded Outline Font is a typeface that offers an expanded and outlined variation of the Akira font family. The expanded outline style adds a bold and striking appearance to the characters, creating a visually impactful effect. This typeface is designed to make a statement and grab attention in various design projects.
The Akira Expanded Outline Font maintains the same underlying design elements as the original Akira font, such as its clean lines, geometric shapes, and modern aesthetics. However, the expanded outline style introduces an extra level of emphasis and visual weight to the characters, enhancing their presence and making them stand out on the page.
This font is particularly well-suited for titles, headlines, and display purposes where a strong and impactful visual element is desired. It’s bold and outlined nature adds a touch of modernity and a unique visual style to any design. Whether used in print materials, digital graphics, or branding projects, the Akira Expanded Outline Font can bring a sense of contemporary flair and distinction to your designs.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks for using Akira Expanded Font effectively in your design projects:
- Pair it with complementary fonts: Akira Expanded Font has a bold and impactful look, so it can be effective when paired with more subdued or complementary fonts. Consider pairing it with a sans-serif or serif font to create a balanced design that still has an impact.
- Use it for headlines and display text: Akira Expanded Font is a great choice for headlines and displays text, where its bold and impactful design can really shine. Use it sparingly, however, as its unique letterforms can be overwhelming when used in large blocks of text.
- Consider the weight and size: Akira Expanded Font comes in a range of weights and sizes, so consider which variation will work best for your design project. The regular weight may be more suitable for smaller text, while the bold and extra-condensed variations are ideal for larger headlines.
- Experiment with color: Akira Expanded Font can be effective in a range of colors, from bold and bright to more muted and subdued. Consider your design project’s overall mood and tone and choose a color that complements it.
- Use it in futuristic or cyberpunk-themed designs: The inspiration for Akira Expanded Font comes from the 1988 Japanese cyberpunk anime film, Akira. Consider using it in designs with a futuristic or cyberpunk theme to create a cohesive and impactful look.
- Use it for branding and packaging design: Akira Expanded Font’s bold and impactful design makes it a great choice for branding and packaging design. Its unique letterforms can help your brand stand out from the competition and create a memorable impression on customers.
Download Akira Expanded Font Free
If You want to download Akira Expanded Font Free, please click the above download button, Thank You.
Akira Expanded Demo Font
Akira Expanded Demo Font is a trial or demonstration version of the Akira Expanded font. It is a limited version of the font that allows users to preview and test its features before making a purchase or obtaining the full version. The Akira Expanded Demo Font provides a glimpse into the design and style of the complete font, allowing users to assess its suitability for their projects.
While the Akira Expanded Demo Font may showcase some of the font’s characters and styles, it may have limitations in terms of the complete character set, available weights, or special features compared to the full version. This version is typically provided free of charge or as a trial for a limited time.
It is important to note that the specific details regarding the Akira Expanded Demo Font, such as its designer, foundry, file format, release date, license, and usage restrictions, would depend on the actual font and the terms set by its creators.
Hiligaynon, Hill Mari, Hmong, Hopi, Hungarian, Ibanag, Icelandic, Iloko (Ilokano), Indonesian, Interglossa (Glosa), Khakas, Khalkha, Kildin Sami, Komi-Permyak, Kurdish, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Khanty,, Greek, Greenlandic, Kyrgyz (Cyrillic), Ladin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lojban, Lombard, Low Saxon.
What is Akira Expanded Font?
Akira Expanded Font is a display font designed by typeface designer Alex Banks. It features unique letterforms that combine clean geometric lines with subtle calligraphic flourishes.
Where can I download Akira Expanded Font?
Akira Expanded Font can be downloaded from a range of online font marketplaces, such as MyFonts, Fontspring, and Creative Market.
What file formats does Akira Expanded Font come in?
Akira Expanded Font comes in several file formats, including OTF (OpenType Font) and TTF (TrueType Font) files.
Can I use Akira Expanded Font for commercial projects?
Yes, Akira Expanded Font is available for commercial use. However, be sure to check the license agreement for any restrictions or limitations on usage.
Is Akira Expanded Font a web font?
Yes, Akira Expanded Font can be used as a web font. It is available in web font formats such as WOFF and WOFF2.
Does Akira Expanded Font have different weights and variations?
Yes, Akira Expanded Font comes in a range of weights and variations, including regular, bold, italic, condensed, and extra-condensed.
What is the inspiration behind Akira Expanded Font?
The inspiration for Akira Expanded Font comes from the 1988 Japanese cyberpunk anime film, Akira. The font’s futuristic feel and unique letterforms are influenced by the film’s iconic visuals.
Can Akira Expanded Font be used for body text?
Due to its bold and stylized design, Akira Expanded Font is best suited for use in headlines and display text. It may be less effective for use in body text, as its unique letterforms can be overwhelming when used in large blocks of text.
What are some fonts that pair well with Akira Expanded Font?
Akira Expanded Font can be paired with a range of complementary fonts, such as sans-serif or serif fonts. Consider pairing it with fonts like Montserrat, Lato, or Playfair Display for a balanced and effective design.
What are some design projects that Akira Expanded Font is well-suited for?
Akira Expanded Font is well-suited for a range of design projects, including branding and packaging design, posters and flyers, and futuristic or cyberpunk-themed designs.