Kalam font is a typeface designed by an Indian designer named Jonny Pinhorn. It is an elegant and modern script font that is suitable for use in a wide range of design projects, such as branding, packaging, invitations, and more. The font is inspired by the traditional Indian calligraphy style and has a distinct, unique look that sets it apart from other script fonts.
Kalam font is available in both regular and bold weights and supports a wide range of languages, including Latin, Cyrillic, and Devanagari scripts. It is also available for free download from various font websites, making it accessible to designers and enthusiasts worldwide.
Kalam Font Info:
|Latin, Cyrillic, Devanagari
|Best Used For
|Branding, Packaging, Invitations, Display Texts
Reason To use Kalam Font
There are several reasons why someone might choose to use the Kalam font in their design project. Here are a few:
- Unique Style: Kalam font has a distinct and unique style that sets it apart from other script fonts. It is inspired by traditional Indian calligraphy and has a modern and elegant look that is suitable for a wide range of design projects.
- Readability: Despite its intricate design, Kalam font is still highly readable. It has clear letterforms and is suitable for use in both large and small sizes.
- Multilingual Support: Kalam font supports a wide range of scripts, including Latin, Cyrillic, and Devanagari. This makes it a great choice for projects that require multilingual support.
- Open Source: Kalam font is an open-source font, which means it can be downloaded and used for free. This makes it accessible to a wider range of designers and enthusiasts.
- Versatility: Kalam font is suitable for a wide range of design projects, such as branding, packaging, invitations, and display texts. Its versatility makes it a great choice for designers looking for a unique and elegant font to use in their projects.
Kalam Font Family
The Kalam font family includes two weights: Regular and Bold. Both weights have the same elegant and modern script style that is inspired by traditional Indian calligraphy. Here is a brief description of each weight:
- Kalam Regular: The regular weight of Kalam font has a clean and elegant design, with slightly curved and flowing letterforms. It is suitable for use in a wide range of design projects, from branding and packaging to invitations and displays texts.
- Kalam Bold: The bold weight of Kalam font is a slightly more dramatic version of the regular weight, with thicker strokes and a bolder appearance. It is ideal for use in larger sizes, such as headlines or titles, where its bold and eye-catching style can be fully appreciated.
Download Kalam Font Free
If You want to download Kalam Font Free, please click the above download button, Thank You.
Alternatives of Kalam Font
If you’re looking for alternatives to Kalam font, here are some options that you might consider:
- Gochi Hand: Gochi Hand is a free handwriting font with a similar fluid and organic feel to Kalam font. It is available for download from Google Fonts and can be used for a variety of design projects.
- Playfair Display: Playfair Display is a serif font with a classic and elegant design that can be used as a more formal alternative to Kalam font. It is available for download from Google Fonts and can be used for headings, titles, and body text.
- Amatic SC: Amatic SC is a free handwritten font with a casual and playful style that can be used as an alternative to Kalam font for more informal design projects. It is available for download from Google Fonts and supports a range of languages.
- Abril Fatface: Abril Fatface is a serif font with a bold and dramatic style that can be used as an alternative to Kalam font for headings, titles, and display text. It is available for download from Google Fonts and is suitable for use in a range of design projects.
This font is free for personal use only. If you wish to use it commercially, you will need to purchase a license. This font is free for personal and paid for commercial use.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks for using Kalam font in your design projects:
- Pair Kalam with a contrasting font: Kalam font’s unique and elegant style makes it a great choice for headings and titles, but it may not be the best option for body text. To ensure readability and balance, try pairing the Kalam font with a contrasting font for body text, such as a sans-serif or serif font.
- Experiment with font size and spacing: Because of its intricate design, Kalam font may not be legible in smaller sizes or with tight spacing. Experiment with different font sizes and spacing options to find the best balance between style and legibility.
- Use Kalam in designs that reflect its cultural origins: Kalam font is inspired by traditional Indian calligraphy, so it may be particularly suitable for designs that reflect Indian or South Asian culture. Consider using Kalam font in designs for events, products, or services related to this cultural context.
- Consider Kalam for digital or print designs: Kalam font’s versatility makes it suitable for both digital and print designs. It can be used for website designs, social media graphics, posters, packaging, and more.
Usage of Kalam Font
Kalam font is a typeface designed by Indian Type Foundry that is inspired by the calligraphy of the Kalam (pen) used in Urdu, Persian, and Arabic scripts. The font is popularly used in designs that require a modern and elegant look with a touch of traditional calligraphy.
Here are some common usage examples of the Kalam font:
- Typography: Kalam font can be used for typography in various design projects such as posters, brochures, book covers, and website headers to add a touch of sophistication.
- Logos: Kalam font can be used to create logos for brands that are looking for a modern and elegant look.
- Wedding Invitations: The font is a popular choice for creating wedding invitations as it adds a traditional touch with a modern twist.
- Greeting Cards: Kalam font is a great option for creating greeting cards, especially for occasions such as Eid, Diwali, or Christmas.
- Calligraphy: The Kalam font is also suitable for creating calligraphy designs and artwork.
Supported Languages of Kalam Font
Kalam font is primarily designed for Urdu, Persian, and Arabic scripts, but it also supports many other languages that use the Arabic script, including:
- Farsi (Persian)
- Kurdish (Sorani)
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kalam font?
Kalam font is a typeface designed by Indian Type Foundry that is inspired by the calligraphy of the Kalam (pen) used in Urdu, Persian, and Arabic scripts. It is a modern and elegant font that adds a touch of traditional calligraphy.
Can Kalam font be used for commercial purposes?
Yes, the Kalam font can be used for commercial purposes. However, it is always recommended to check the license agreement to ensure that you are using it in compliance with the terms of the license.
Is Kalam font free?
Yes, Kalam font is available for free download on various websites, including Google Fonts, Fontsquirrel, and Fontspace. However, it is always recommended to check the license agreement to ensure that you are using it in compliance with the terms of the license.
What are the different weights of the Kalam font?
Kalam font is available in two weights: regular and bold. The regular weight is suitable for body text, while the bold weight is ideal for headlines and titles.
Does Kalam font support languages other than Arabic, Urdu, and Persian?
Yes, Kalam font supports many other languages that use the Arabic script, including Farsi (Persian), Pashto, Kurdish (Sorani), Sindhi, Uighur, Kashmiri, and Punjabi (Shahmukhi).